The UT Health Tyler Wound Healing Center is an accredited hyperbaric medicine facility providing specialized care for complex wounds that are often difficult to treat. Our team includes a group of specialists dedicated to solving specific problems that can impede the healing of wounds. Non-healing wounds are complex and require specialized care from professionals who are knowledgeable in the latest treatment options.
We offer you a team of physicians, nurses and therapists specially-trained to care for your wound. We’re equipped to provide the care you need in a friendly, comfortable environment utilizing state-of-the-art technology coupled with a personal touch.
Types of wounds treated:
- Chronic, non-healing wounds, including surgical wounds.
- Diabetic foot ulcers, lower leg ulcers and pressure ulcers (bed sores).
- Bone infection (osteomyelitis).
- Burns, skin tears or lacerations.
- Radiation tissue injury.
- Brown recluse spider wounds.
- Failing or compromised skin/muscle grafts or flaps.
- Lymphedema/venous stasis.
Your individual treament plan may include:
- Transcutaneous oxygen monitoring.
- Doppler evaluation of pulse.
- Blood work.
- Specialized wound dressings.
- Wound debridement.
- Compression therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
- Prescription growth factors.
- Advanced cellular products.
- Edema management.
- Non-invasive vascular assessment.
- Diving emergency medicine through Divers Alert Network.
The Wound Healing Center at UT Health Tyler is an accredited clinical hyperbaric medicine facility, one of only 203 in the nation to earn this distinction. Our accreditation means you are treated in a center committed to meeting the highest standards of wound care.
If you are suffering from a non-healing wound, talk to your physician for a referral, or call us at 903-526-4325 or 800-459-0928.