Our goal at The Family Birthplace is to make your labor and delivery as smooth and comfortable as possible. Some key features include the following:
- 14 birthing suites using the LDRP concept, in which the entire birthing process (labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum) takes place in the same room
- Large private rooms with soft colors, oak wood and expansive windows
- Bathroom and shower facilities in each suite
- Television and stereo in each suite
- Room service menu for new moms
- Two operating rooms located within the unit for cesarean sections
- Neonatal intensive care unit
- Lactation services
We invite you to learn more about the benefits of having your baby at The Family Birthplace at UT Health Tyler. Call 903-594-2645 to learn the next steps of preregistration.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Now open!
In the event your baby is born prematurely or needs special care, the UT Health Tyler Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is here for you and your baby.
In our NICU, skilled medical and nursing staff care for infants age 32 weeks or greater. Our board-certified neonatologists lead a specialized team of nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, dietitians, social workers and other caregivers in providing the best care available for your baby.
Amenities include the following:
- Nine-bed NICU
- 24/7 neonatologist coverage and consults
- NICU-specialized respiratory therapists
- Case management and social services
- Neonatal nutrition care and dietary counseling
- Developmental care and specialty therapy services
- Lactation consultant
- Pediatric specialty consultation services
- Three private rooms
- Overnight transition room