The UT Health East Texas Cardiovascular Institute is a state-of-the-art facility designed by cardiac physicians equipped with the latest in technology, including three catheterization laboratories, two cardiac surgery suites, a dedicated electrophysiology lab and a cardiovascular intensive care recovery unit.
We are proud to offer the latest in diagnostic technology for heart problems, including:
- MyHeart First – seven important heart screenings for detecting cardiovascular problems before they become life-threatening, bundled together in one appointment at one low price of $149. To make an appointment, call 903-531-8000 and press 8.
- Calcium scoring – a CT scan to identify calcified plaque in the coronary arteries and determine your risk of heart attack. We offer calcium scoring at the special low price of $79, with or without a physician referral.
- Echocardiography – an ultrasound procedure to observe the function of your heart valves and chambers.
- Electrocardiography (ECG) – a test of the electrical activity of your heart to diagnose arrhythmia and irregular heartbeat.
- Nuclear stress testing – a form of nuclear medicine used to measure blood flow to your heart while at rest and again while working harder as a result of exertion or medication.
- Stress echocardiography – an ultrasound imaging test that shows how well your heart muscle pumps blood during periods of rest and exercise.
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) – a procedure that involves inserting a thin tube into your esophagus to obtain very clear images of heart structures and valves.