Volunteer programs are temporarily suspended. We look forward to working with our wonderful volunteers in the near future.
UT Health Tyler Volunteers
The volunteers at UT Health Tyler contribute thousands of hours of service each year in support the mission of UT Health Tyler by providing services with compassion, excellence and efficiency. They offer vital assistance in clinical and support areas of the hospital and raise significant funds through our UT Health Tyler Gift Shop and other fundraising initiatives. These charitable funds then benefit the hospital and its services. For example, the UT Health Tyler volunteers most recently provided a cumulative gift of $1 million to benefit UT Health Tyler’s trauma programs and facilities.
It is the mission of the UT Health Tyler volunteers to exemplify the spirit of community through efforts that foster the hospital’s mission of care and outreach to the people and communities of East Texas.
- To display philanthropy through service reflecting UT Health Tyler's commitment to guest relations and excellence in patient care.
- To perform tasks that lighten the load of professional staff members.
- To raise funds to support UT Health Tyler's charitable efforts and further the hospital’s outreach, services and technology.
- To assist with special projects throughout the year.
UT Health Tyler welcomes adult women and men who are energetic, willing to give of their time and have a heart for hospital service.
To volunteer at UT Health, here’s what you need to know…
There are two different volunteer programs — adult and junior. Junior volunteers help during the summer only and they must be between the ages of 14 and 18.
Volunteers must go through an application process and agree to volunteer at least four hours of services each week. To apply online, click the adult application link below:
If you need help or would like to talk to our volunteer services recruiter, call 903-531-8199.
Requirements and dates to know prior to application for Summer 2020:
- The student must be entering the 10th grade or above when they return to high school in the fall of 2020
- The student must be available to participate in the program Friday, June 5, through Friday, July 31.
- New junior volunteers and returning volunteers must attend orientation on Friday, June 5. (No make-ups, no exceptions).
- Upon acceptance, a junior volunteer commits to volunteering a minimum of 56 hours during the 8-week program through placements within the hospital.
Our junior volunteers will have fun, make new friends, gain new skills, accumulate service hours and complete the program with a clearer vision of their future careers.